The Atlanta Falcons and the NFL endorse USA Football and its mission of youth and amateur football development in the state of Georgia and across the nation this August through USA Football Month. The national campaign takes place throughout the NFL preseason and incorporates youth football scrimmages at the Georgia Dome, USA Football messages during network preseason telecasts, in-stadium banners and field stencils. The Atlanta Falcons and USA Football have also distributed a significant amount of tickets to both preseason home games for youth, middle and high school football teams.
Approximately 3 million children age 6-14 play organized football in the United States, placing the game among the country’s most popular youth sports. More than 400,000 American adults volunteer their time to teach and coach youth football each year.
USA Football Month includes the following throughout the month of August:
- Youth football players receive preseason game tickets donated by the Atlanta Falcons.
- USA Football commemorative coins used during preseason game coin flips across the NFL.
- Youth football scrimmages in NFL stadiums on preseason game days.
- USA Football messages promoting the sport’s fundamentals will be read on-air during national game telecasts.
- On-field promotions through USA Football field stencils and end zone banners.
- In-stadium USA Football Month scoreboard video messages.
“From youth leagues to the NFL, football captures the imagination of all fans, regardless of age, and instills discipline, responsibility and physical fitness in our young people,” USA Football Executive Director Scott Hallenbeck said. “USA Football is proud to be the Atlanta Falcons official youth football development partner.”