The Atlanta Falcons hosted the 8th annual USA Football Youth Football Forum on Saturday, March 28, at Booker T. Washington in Atlanta, Georgia. Youth Football presidents, commissioners and board members from around the state gathered to discuss important topics related to youth football. This event was one of the largest to date with 38 youth football administrators in attendance.
The forum began with a welcome by Atlanta Falcons President & CEO Rich McKay who spoke about the importance of continuing to develop youth football programs. Attendees also heard from Director of Community Relations Chris Millman and Senior Group Sales Executive Jordan Otto about the various youth football grant and program opportunities offered by the Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta Falcons Youth Foundation and Good Sports. Brandon Mosley from USA Football spoke to the group about the NFL Flag program and how groups can register to participate.
Following lunch, USA Football Regional Manager Evan Lindsey provided attendees with a presentation about growing youth football participation and how leagues and coaches can become Heads Up Football certified. Former Atlanta Falcons Linebacker Buddy Curry also touched on the importance of teaching Heads Up Football to youth players. In conclusion of the forum, youth football administrators participated in breakout sessions about best practices and discussed important topics surrounding youth football. Following the forum, each attendee received a special gift bag filled with Atlanta Falcons items and program flyers about concussion and steroid awareness.
The Atlanta Falcons Youth Foundation randomly selected five associations in attendance to receive a $500 equipment grant for their program. The recipients of the awards were: Youth Football Alliance, Atlanta Metro Pop Warner, The Generals Youth Football, North Henry Youth Football Association, and Spalding County Parks and Recreation.
Organizations in attendance:
- Atlanta Metro Pop Warner
- Baldwin County Youth Football League
- Breman Parks and Recreation
- Clayton County Youth Football
- Clayton County Football League
- Decatur Army Youth Athletics
- East Atlanta Saints
- East Georgia Pop Warner
- Georgia Xtreme Youth Football League
- Georgia Youth Football Conference
- Georgia Youth Football League – The Generals
- Greenbrier Pop Warner
- Grovetown Warriors
- Haralson County Recreation Department
- Harris County Youth Football
- Lakeside Panthers Pop Warner
- Lawrenceville Youth Association
- North Dekalb Youth Football
- North Henry Youth Football
- North Metro Football League
- Rockdale Youth Bulldogs Football Association
- Spalding County Parks and Recreation
- Springfield Football Association
- Southside Cowboys Youth Organization
- South Atlanta Youth Football
- Waverly Hall Youth Sports Association
- Youth Football Alliance